James Dean Bradfield - The Great Western album FLAC
Альбом · 2006 · Песен: 11. Доступно с подпиской на Apple Music. Бесплатная пробная подписка.
Listen free to James Dean Bradfield – The Great Western (That's No Way To Tell A Lie, An English Gentleman and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.
Сэкономь на отеле в Великобритании. Сравни цены с десятков сайтов бронирования!
The Great Western is the only solo studio album by the Manic Street Preachers vocalist-guitarist James Dean Bradfield. It was released on 24 July 2006 by record label Columbia. The majority of the lyrics are written by Bradfield, who had previously only contributed lyrics to the Manic Street Preachers songs "Ocean Spray" and "Firefight". Bradfield's lyrics feature a theme of looking to the past and are largely personal rather than political.
Music By – James Dean Bradfield (tracks: 1 to 7, 9 to 11). Producer – Alex Silva (tracks: 6, 7, 10), Dave Eringa (tracks: 3 to 5, 9), Guy Massey (tracks: 1, 2, 11). Sleeve – Biddy Maroney. Vocals, Guitar, Co-producer – James Dean Bradfield. Tracks 2 to 11 mixed at Strongroom.
Co-producer – James Dean Bradfield. Drums – Alistair Hamer (tracks: B10), Dafydd Ieuan (tracks: A5), Greg Haver (tracks: A1 to A4, A6 to B9), Nick Dewey (tracks: B11). Drums – James Dean Bradfield (tracks: A6). Engineer – Alex Silva (tracks: A6, B7, B10), Dave Eringa (tracks: A3 to A5, B9), Greg Haver (tracks: B8), Guy Massey (tracks: A1, A2, B11), John Smith (4) (tracks: A6, B7, B10), Loz Williams (tracks: A3 to B10). Engineer – Mike Grimley (tracks: A1, A2, B11). Guitar – James Dean Bradfield
Album · 2006 · 11 Songs. More By James Dean Bradfield. See All. That's No Way to Tell a Lie - Single.
James Dean Bradfield is viewed as the musical brain of the Manics, with Nicky Wire providing the lyrics so on paper it seems that this should merely be another Manic Street Preachers album albeit with only one of the Preachers. Theories however often do not hold up in reality, and The Great Western is a shining example of this. As soon as the opening riff of That’s no Way to tell a Lie leads into the first verse, it becomes apparent, that this is unashamedly pop. Which I in no way mean as a bad thing, but it’s a shock to anyone expecting a Manic’s record.
Looking at the facts of James Dean Bradfield’s life in music, it’s hard not to conclude that the Manic Street Preachers’ front man must be an obliging sort of person. It was, after all, Bradfield who was charged with the job of taking Nicky Wire and Richey Edwards’s dense, polemical notes and alchemising them into something that might work as rock music. When it worked it was a technique that spawned startling results, in particular the grisly memoirs of Edwards’s 1994 swansong The Holy Bible. After the guitarist’s disappearance though, the band’s raison d’être seemed less clear
He may front the band but he doesn't write the words, an odd situation for a group so charged and personal as this, but that does mean Bradfield is the ideal choice for a solo album, since it would promise to reveal a side of him thus far unheard on record. His 2006 solo debut, The Great Western, does indeed fill that bill, presenting a sensitive, vulnerable Bradfield, something that hasn't been captured on Manics albums even when they strayed toward colorless mature-pop. Sonically, this album isn't far removed from This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours - it's anthemic yet soft,.
James Dean Bradfield 31-01-2015. Toplam süre:37 min. 01. That's No Way To Tell A Lie. James Dean Bradfield. Besteciler: James Dean Bradfield. 02. An English Gentleman. 03. Bad Boys And Painkillers. 04. On Saturday Moring We Will Rule The World. 05. Run Romeo Run.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||That's No Way To Tell A Lie
Mixed By – Tony Hoffer
|2||An English Gentleman
Keyboards [Additional] – Dave Eringa, James Dean Bradfield
|3||Bad Boys And Painkillers
Keyboards [Additional] – Dave EringaLyrics By – Nicky Wire
|4||On Saturday Morning We Will Rule The World||3:17|
|5||Run Romeo Run
Drums – Dafydd Ieuan
|6||Still A Long Way To Go
Drums [Additional] – James Dean BradfieldProducer [Additional] – Dave Eringa
Bass – Alex Silva
|8||To See A Friend In Tears
Keyboards, Producer, Engineer – Greg HaverMixed By – Guy MasseyMusic By, Lyrics By – Jacques Brel
|9||Say Hello To The Pope||3:24|
|10||The Wrong Beginning
Bass – Alex SilvaChoir – 'Renewed'*Drums – Alistair HamerMixed By – Guy Massey
|11||Which Way To Kyffin
Drums – Nick DeweyKeyboards – James Dean Bradfield
- Recorded At – Miloco Studios
- Recorded At – Stir Studios
- Recorded At – Studio P4, Berlin
- Mixed At – Sunset Sound
- Mixed At – Strongroom
- Designed At – Mathematics
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony BMG Music Entertainment (UK) Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Sony BMG Music Entertainment (UK) Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Sony BMG Music Entertainment
- Pressed By – Sony Music – S0100709120-0101
- Distributed By – Rough Trade Distribution GmbH
- Marketed By – Red Ink
- Published By – Sony / ATV Music Publishing
- Published By – KP Music Ltd.
- Bass – James Dean Bradfield (tracks: 1 to 6, 8, 9, 11)
- Drums – Greg Haver (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 9)
- Engineer – Alex Silva (tracks: 6, 7, 10), Dave Eringa (tracks: 3 to 5, 9), Guy Massey (tracks: 1, 2, 11), John Smith (tracks: 6, 7, 10), Loz Williams (tracks: 3 to 10)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Mike Grimley (tracks: 1, 2, 11)
- Keyboards – Nick Nasmyth (tracks: 1 to 7, 9, 10)
- Lyrics By – James Dean Bradfield (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 7, 9 to 11), John Niven (tracks: 6, 7)
- Mastered By – Bunt Stafford-Clark
- Mixed By – Dave Eringa (tracks: 2 to 7, 9, 11)
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Ian Dowling (tracks: 2 to 11)
- Music By – James Dean Bradfield (tracks: 1 to 7, 9 to 11)
- Producer – Alex Silva (tracks: 6, 7, 10), Dave Eringa (tracks: 3 to 5, 9), Guy Massey (tracks: 1, 2, 11)
- Sleeve – Biddy Maroney
- Vocals, Guitar, Co-producer – James Dean Bradfield
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 828768820728
- Barcode (Scanned): 828768820728
- Label Code: LC 00162
- Matrix / Runout: [Sony Music] S0100709120-0101 15 A11
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L555
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 946R
- Rights Society: BIEM/GEMA
|82876857272||James Dean Bradfield||The Great Western (CD, Album)||Columbia, Sony BMG Music Entertainment||82876857272||Europe||2006|
|SICP 1140||James Dean Bradfield||The Great Western (CD, Album, Promo)||Sony Records Int'l||SICP 1140||Japan||2006|
|SICP 1140||James Dean Bradfield||The Great Western (CD, Album)||Sony Records Int'l||SICP 1140||Japan||2006|
|82876857271||James Dean Bradfield||The Great Western (LP, Album)||Columbia, Sony BMG Music Entertainment||82876857271||UK||2006|
|82876857272||James Dean Bradfield||The Great Western (CD, Album)||Columbia, Sony BMG Music Entertainment||82876857272||New Zealand||2006|