Teatro Campesino, El Songs Of The United Farm Workers - ¡Huelga En General! album FLAC
El Teatro Campesino (Spanish for "The Farmworker's Theater") is a Chicano theatre company in California. Performing in both English and Spanish, El Teatro Campesino was founded in 1965 as the cultural arm of the United Farm Workers and the Chicano Movement with the "full support of César Chávez. Originally based in Delano, California, during the Delano Strike, the theatre is currently based in San Juan Bautista, California.
El Picket Sign Huelga en general La peregrinación. Songs related to El Teatro Campesino. Brown-Eyed Children of the Sun (Daniel Valdez). Authors related to El Teatro Campesino.
Completed List of Songs and Soundtracks. Huelga en general by El teatro campesino. heard on When a Stranger Calls. Photos with El teatro campesino. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Soundtrack. The Hitman's Bodyguard Soundtrack.
Read the lyrics to the songs. 02. Huelga En General. 03. Ay Pero Si Pero No. 04. El Corrido de Cesar Chavez. 05. La Peregrinacion. 06. Adelita/Gusto Medley. 11. Sounds of the Strikers. 12. The Plan of Delano. 13. 14. El Esquirol Song.
El Teatro Campesino started as the cultural wing of the United Farm Workers union in California's central valley, to help raise both Mexican workers and American people awareness on the Delano grape strike controversies during the five years of the strike (1965 – 1970). Although the troupe began by entertaining the farmworkers, within a year of their founding they began to tour. to raise funds for the striking farm workers
Chapter 2, Canta Huelga en General: Huelga Songs of the Chicano Movement, will look directly at huelga or strike songs and their particular association with the farm workers struggle, one of the dominant aspects of the larger Chicano movement. Chapter 3, El Teatro Campesino: Musically and Theatrically Mobilizing the Chicano Movement, will address a shift in movimiento music.
El Teatro campesino, viva la huelga! Artist. The Proliferation of the Sun Poster. Christmas Greetings 1939. hand-colored photo-mechanical relief reproduction of an ink drawing. Ipswich Prints: Raven.
Collection: El Teatro Campesino Archives. Call Number: cusb-v1201. Rights: The artist of any work retains all rights to that work. Digitized by the California Audiovisual Preservation Project (CAVPP).
|A1||Huelga En General|
|A4||Solidaridad Para Siempre|
|A5||No No Gallo|
|A6||Corrido De César Chavez|
|B2||El Corrido Del Cortito|
|B3||Soy Mewxicano, Soy Campesino|
|B4||La Mula Teamster|
|B6||Corrido De La Unidad|
- Recorded At – Menyah Recordings Studio
- Printed By – United Farm Workewrs Of America-AFL-CIO
- Printed By – El Taller Gráfico (La Paz-CA)
- Accordion – Daniel Valdez
- Arranged By – Daniel Valdez, Teatro Campesino, El
- Autoharp – Daniel Valdez
- Backing Vocals – Rosa Maria Moreno, Socorro Valdez Cruz, Teatro Campesino, El
- Bass – Ben Cardena, David Silva, Luis Moreno
- Engineer – Armida Valdez, Daniel Valdez
- Guitar – Daniel Valdez, David Silva, Noé Montoya, Rick "Boogie" Espinoza
- Harmonica – Daniel Valdez, Rick "Boogie" Espinoza
- Lead Vocals – Daniel Valdez, Diane Rodriguez, Luis Valdez, Sr. Guadalupe Serna
- Percussion – Rick "Boogie" Espinoza
- Producer – Centro Campesino Cultural, El, The United Farm Wokers,Of America
- Trumpet – Kevin Kline, Mark Holte