Glenn Phillips Band - Razor Pocket album FLAC
Glenn Phillips Band live @ Schroeder's Rome, Ga June 9, 2012. Glenn Phillips - guitar Bill Rea - bass Jeff Calder - guitar & keyboards John Boisierre - drums. Lenore' appears on the Glenn Phillips album 'Lost At Sea', and on the CD compilation 'Echoes 1975-1985'.
Band Name Glenn Phillips. Album Name Razor Pocket. Data de lançamento 1982. Labels Snow Star Records. Estilo de MúsicaHard Rock. Membros têm este álbum0. 3. I Want to Talk to My Girl. 4. Little Red Soldiers Under My Skin. 5. I Say No. 6. The Way I Feel. Data de aparición 1982. Estilo MusicalHard Rock. Miembros poseen este álbum0.
In Groups: Glenn Phillips Band. Variations: Viewing All Paul Provost. Paul Michael Provost. Glenn Phillips Band - Razor Pocket (LP, Album). Glenn Phillips Band - Live (LP, Album).
Razor Pocket (1982) US Snow Star 4. St. Valentine's Day (1984) US Snow Star 5. Live (1985) US Shanachie Records 82006. No Age Compilation (1987) US SST CD 102 contains "Vista Cruiser" from Elevator. If 6 Was 9: A Tribute to Jimi Hendrix (1990) US Communion 18, rest of world Imaginary, on "If 6 Was 9" from Guitar Party. Passed Normal Vol. 6 & 7 (1993) US FOT Records FOT PN67 on "Cobra" - recorded live at San Francisco's Great American Music Hall within a week of the same song's being recorded in a studio with the same band for Guitar Party.
10. Glenn onstage circa 2012. For more than 40 years, Glenn Phillips has been an underground hero of the guitar. His solo albums, unusual choices of gear, radical effects usage, and wild live shows broke the mold of guitar heroics. Phillips’ At the Rainbow, taped live in London in 1977, has just been released, and it’s a brilliant document of his instrumental acrobatics. We recently checked in with the Atlanta-based axe legend. When my first group, the Hampton Grease Band, broke up in ’73, I started working on solo material and sitting in with Little Feat when they played Atlanta. Lowell took a tape of my solo material to Warner Brothers and they decided to sign me. Unfortunately, I was still signed to Frank Zappa’s manager, Herb Cohen, who was suing Frank and the label.
Instrumental rock guitarist Glenn Phillips grew up in New England and moved with his family to Atlanta, GA, when he was 12 in 1962. At 16, he began playing guitar, and at 17 he co-founded the Hampton Grease Band, also featuring singer Bruce Hampton and guitarist Harold Kelling, which built up a fol. .The Hampton Grease Band broke up in 1973, and Phillips launched his solo career with the self-made album Lost at Sea in 1975. The album attracted the attention of British disc jockey John Peel, who played it frequently on his BBC show, leading to its release on fledgling Virgin Records in the . Virgin also issued Phillips' second solo album, Swim in the Wind, in 1977. Dark Lights appeared in 1980, followed by Razor Pocket (1982) and St. Valentine's Day (1984). Shanachie released Live in 1985, and SST put out Elevator in 1987.
Home/Rock, Prog/Rock, Prog/Glenn Phillips Band - Razor Pocket LP. Glenn Phillips Band - Razor Pocket LP. Label: Private. Ex-Hampton Grease band guitarist private press solo guitar rock album from 1982 on Snow Star Records.
|A3||I Want To Talk To My Girl||3:11|
|A4||Little Red Soldiers Under My Skin||4:22|
|A5||I Say No||6:42|
|B1||The Way I Feel||3:14|
|B3||The Lonely Night||4:22|
|B4||Where's The Happy Ending||3:32|
- Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Producer – Glenn Phillips
- Bass – Bill Rea
- Bassoon – Sandie Howard (tracks: B3)
- Drums – Doug Landsberg
- Keyboards – Glenn Phillips (tracks: A1, B1), Paul Michael Provost* (tracks: A3 to A5, B2 to B5)
- Piano – Dana Howard Nelson* (tracks: B3)
- Written-By – B. Rea* (tracks: A4, B5), G. Phillips* (tracks: A1 to A3, A5 to B4)