John Coltrane - Interstellar Space album FLAC
Nels Cline, Gregg Bendian – Interstellar Space Revisited: The Music Of John Coltrane (Studio Album, released in 1999) Tracklist 1 Mars 8:23 2 Leo 11:40 . .
Album · 1967 · 6 Songs. Interstellar Space John Coltrane.
Interstellar Space is a studio album by American jazz saxophonist John Coltrane. It was recorded in 1967, the year of his death, and released by Impulse! Records in September 1974. Piano and bass were becoming residual by the last days of Coltrane's quartet; you braced yourself for the moment he abandoned any pretext of an underlying harmony and went mano a mano with Elvin Jones. These duets with Rashied Ali start there-and the spare compositional guidelines only up the intensity.
The original four pieces ("Mars," "Venus," "Jupiter" and "Saturn") are joined by "Leo" and "Jupiter Variation.
Interstellar Space (LP, Album, RE). MCA Records, Impulse! MCA-29029, ASD-9277. Interstellar Space (CD, Album, RE, Unofficial).
Interstellar Space - John Coltrane. Открывайте новую музыку каждый день. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Миллионы композиций бесплатно и в хорошем качестве. Если у вас уже есть подписка, авторизуйтесь.
Nels Cline, Gregg Bendian. Songs in album Interstellar Space Revisited: The Music Of John Coltrane (1999).
John Coltrane’s ‘Interstellar Space’ at 50: Legacy of a Free-Jazz Masterpiece. Saxophonist’s groundbreaking duo LP summed up his cosmic quest, influencing generations of jazz and rock seekers – from Nels Cline to Jack DeJohnette. Read how 'Interstellar Space,' John Coltrane's bold duo LP with drummer Rashied Ali, launched its own mini movement in jazz and beyond. Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images. Fifty years ago, when drummer Rashied Ali entered the Van Gelder Studio in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, for his latest session with John Coltrane, he was surprised to find the rest of the saxophonist’s band absent. I went in there, and I was setting up, and I didn’t see Jimmy, I didn’t see Alice ; I didn’t see nobody else, Ali recalled in 2003.
John Coltrane - Jupiter. John Coltrane-Mars (1967) HD. 10:44. John Coltrane - Leo. 10:53. Most Recently MP3. john coltrane interstellar space MP3. ajmal raza qadri MP3. macky 2 latest MP3.
But it's the tight playing and the remnants of melody that give Coltrane's only duo recording its unique character. Now this sounds like some completely random-sounding free jazz album (like Sun Ra’s Heliocentric Worlds) you have to listen to two years straight to even get a notion of what’s going on, right" In the harsh reality of our world though, this is pretty much the exact opposite of random. And it’s a unique chance to hear and actually understand free-form interplay.
- Record Company – UMG Recordings, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – The Verve Music Group
- Copyright (c) – The Verve Music Group
- Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Mastered At – Universal Mastering Studios
- Manufactured By – PMDC, UK
- Art Direction – Hollis King
- Coordinator [Reissue Production And Research Coordinated By] – Carlos Kase, Tom Greenwood
- Design – Edward ODowd
- Drums – Rashied Ali
- Liner Notes – Francis Davis
- Liner Notes [Edited By] – Peter Keepnews
- Mastered By – Kevin "East Coast Erick" Reeves*
- Photography By [Cover] – Unknown Artist
- Photography By [Original Lp Photographs] – Chuck Stewart
- Production Manager [Art Production Managed By] – Sherniece Smith
- Recorded By – Rudy Van Gelder
- Reissue Producer [Reissue Production Assistance], Research [Assistance] – Jamie Krents , John Wriggle
- Reissue Producer [Reissue Production Managed By] – Bryan Koniarz
- Research [Research Managed By] – Ben Young
- Tenor Saxophone, Bells, Producer [Original Recordings] – John Coltrane
NotesRecorded February 22, 1967 at Van Gelder Recording Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
Reissue mastered at Universal Mastering Studios-East.
Tracks 1 to 4 original-LP issue: "Interstellar Space" Impulse ASD 9277.
Tracks 5 and 6 original-LP issue: "Jupiter Variations" Impulse IA-9360.
A fragment of music from the engineering sound check and two false starts of "Jupiter Variation" appear before the start of track 1. Rewind from track 1 to hear them.
These fragments are previously unissued.
Tracks 1 to 4 are in there original-LP sequence.
Master Number & Take -
Track 1 - 90771-1
Track 2 - 90773-3
Track 3 - -8
Track 4 - -9
Track 5 - 90772-2
Track 6 - -6
Master numbers were assigned to only three of these six pieces. Take numbers, per Van Gelder's system of assigning one continuous sequence throughout a session, show the actual order in which the pieces were recorded. Take 7 was apparently not assigned.
Housed in 6-panel Digipak with 16 page booklet.
℗ & © 2000 The Verve Music Group, a Division of UMG Recordings, Inc.
Made in the EU.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 7 31454 34152 3
- Barcode: 731454341523
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 & 2): 5434152 01 6
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1 & 2): IFPI L136
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 0403
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0430
- Other (Inner ring): MADE IN THE UK
- Price Code: UN900
- Label Code: LC00236
- Rights Society: BIEM/MCPS
|ASD-9277||John Coltrane||Interstellar Space (LP, Album, Quad)||ABC Impulse!||ASD-9277||US||1974|
|MCA-29029, ASD-9277||John Coltrane||Interstellar Space (LP, Album, RE)||MCA Records, Impulse!||MCA-29029, ASD-9277||US||1980|
|WMC5-118||John Coltrane||Interstellar Space (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Impulse!||WMC5-118||Japan||1990|
|UCCI-9252||John Coltrane||Interstellar Space (CD, Album, Ltd, RE)||Impulse!||UCCI-9252||Japan||2015|
|ASD-9277||John Coltrane||Interstellar Space (LP, Album)||ABC Impulse!, ABC Impulse!||ASD-9277||France||1974|